elblopa

Dos excesos: excluir la razón, no admitir más que la razón. Blaise Pascal

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A CLOSE AND AN OPEN DOOR

Was listening:
Mr. Scruff. One of the most interesting artists in the Ninja Tunes label.

Now that I was fired from Metropoli I have been considering translating some essays and articles form English to Spanish and conversely. The problem is that I have to get a lot of practice. Fortunately in the Magazine of Political Studies the editor (Margarita) gave me the opportunity of translating one abstract and the index, so now you know that if you find some errors in the translations is my fault and only my fault.

In the research project of Vote Buying and Coercion I am reading a lot in English and translating the quotes in order to write an essay about the concept and the difference in vote buying. It has been a really interesting exercise.

And Finally, Jorge Márquez gave me an essay about of one of the most interesting anthropological studies about envy which is call: Envy A Theory of Social Behaviour. Is really a long essay (about 22 pages) and with a lot of new terminology for me, I hope I can make a god work.

Anyway, I am very optimistic that this absence of work in the Metropooli Magazine can open me the door to improve my translations and why not in the really near future get some money from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters Ninja!